Join us for an unforgettable guided tour of Iceland’s captivating history and stunning landscapes.
Borgarfjordur Silver Circle tour takes you to ancient waterfalls, luxury and relaxation at Krauma Geothermal, Soak in the natural, geothermal pools and enjoy a sauna. See Deildartunguhver the highest-flowing hot spring in Europe and much more.
Your professional guide will take you on an amazing journey to explore the natural beauty of Borgarfjordur, where you will discover waterfalls, hot springs, ancient ruins, and so much more.
- Prepare to be inspired as you embark on your next journey towards Grábrók!
- This spectacular destination is home to an awe-inspiring 3000-year-old volcanic crater, one of the three created by an eruptive fissure.
- An incredible opportunity to witness the raw power of nature!
- Take the time to walk to the outer rim, where you can fully appreciate the breathtaking views of one of the best-preserved craters in all of Iceland.
- From the top of Grábrók, you’ll be able to marvel at the stunning valley below. So let’s go, and embrace the opportunity to be amazed by the beauty and wonder of this remarkable natural phenomenon!
Barnafoss or Hraunfossar
- Take a moment to imagine the beauty of the flowing glacier waters cascading over 900 meters along the Hvitá river and creating many spring-like waterfalls, known as rivulets.
- These incredible wonders are situated in the stunning Barnafoss and Hraunfossar waterfalls on the peninsula.
- These lava fields are subglacial eruptions from beneath the distant Langjökull Glacier, which can be seen from the view point.
- As you stand there taking in the breathtaking scenery, remember that nature has the power to create this kind of magnificent beauty.
- The second waterfall, Barnafoss, holds an enchanting story behind its name, which adds to the magic.
- Keep exploring and uncovering the wonders of this world, and take the time to appreciate the natural beauty around us.
- Without a doubt, these are two of the most beautiful waterfalls on the peninsula
You’ll then have the option to explore Snorrastofa and delve into the life of Snorri Sturluson, one of the most significant figures in Iceland’s history.
- Immerse yourself in the life and times of Snorri Sturluson, an accomplished politician, poet, and historian.
- You will be transported back in time through our immersive experience at Snorrastofa, his former residence.
- Interactive audio guide will keep you informed on his life, achievements, and legacy.
- While exploring the captivating fort ruins and magnificent museum, you will be surrounded by the breathtaking Icelandic scenery.
- This immersive experience offers an unforgettable insight into Iceland’s rich history. Our website offers further information on Snorri Sturluson and his era.
- The day will end with a relaxing soak at Krauma’s geothermal baths, where you can pamper yourself with pool service and some wine or refreshing drinks.
Afterward, you can end your day with an excellent meal at the restaurant,(included if no lunch was taken in the Settlement Centre) or head back to the city and choose your favorite spot.
Book your guided tour today to experience Iceland’s natural wonders firsthand.